Given below is the list of finalists for the Young Sociologist Competition 2016.
Name and Research Title
· Aishwarya Ramesh: Does change in the power of the society cause change in one's cultural identity?
· Amarnath P: Social, cultural and political identity of Namboothiris in Kerala
· Arundhati Sural: Effects of sanskritization and acculturations on the Santhals
· Debasmita Kundu: Stigmatization of the Eunuchs: A study on the members of Eunuchs community in and around Kolkata
· Praba Shamili Jeeva: Migrant behaviour: The quest to uphold the Tamil identity
· Rini Jacob: The JSO church and gender equality in the modern era
· Srabanti Kayal: Doms of Kolkata-identity and role of the community in urban society
· Sristi Mondal: Cow protection and intolerance
· Suchismita Das: Patriarchy and religion : Exploitation of women
· Sweetlin Brahmachary: Unity in diversity: Just a phrase or in practice